Victim Assistance Online Resources (Windsor)
Ontario (Canada) Registered Non-Profit Corporation: #1256128
VAOR incorporated as an Ontario non-profit organization in October of 1997.
Our Beliefs and Goals:
We believe that an informed community of service providers can better aid victims of crime and tragedy. Victim Assistance Online Resources seeks to provide victim assistance organizations, service providers and professionals in related fields with a variety of information resources and Internet communication mediums, so as to promote the free exchange and sharing of new ideas, learned experiences and peer support between both organizations and individuals.
V.A.O.R. is working towards the creation an virtual community of victim assistance service providers and professionals in cyberspace. We believe that open access to information, and the sharing of new ideas and hard-learned experiences from real life, will aid victim assistance providers of all types in learning, growing and improving service to victims.
Program Director: Randy McCall email@example.com ( Full CV available in format ), LinkedIn profile: Founder of VAOR, former long-time President of the Board, webmaster and chief researcher of VAOnline.org since its inception, Randy has been involved in the victim assistance field for more than 15 years. He has served on, and worked with, a number of victim assistance agencies and entities, including:
- Windsor Police Victim Services: crisis intervention, telephone outreach and volunteer coordinator (1995-1997)
- Founder / President / webmaster Victim Assistance Online Resources (1996+)
- Stakeholder consultant with Justice Canada's Policy Centre for Victim Issues (2001+)
- Founding Board member, Canadian Association for Victim Assistance (2002 - 2007)
- Founding coordinator / administrator, International Victim Advocate Exchange Project (2005-2008)
- International Advisory Board, International Organization for Victim Assistance (2006+)
- Website Committee Member, Website Content Manager, World Society of Victimology (2006+)
- Emertius Board member, Canadian Association for Victim Assistance (2007+)
- Stakeholder consultant with the Canadian Department of Corrections (2007+)
- Vice-President, Canadian Assocation for Victim Assistance (2010+)
The members of our Board of Directors are:
President: David McCall
Secretary: Blake Moorcroft
Treasurer: Mary McCall